Solved

Can you enable Netskope Client via command line?

Badge +7

Hello, I am testing the install script of Netskope via command line.  Every time i install the client is disabled, can I enable the client via command line?

icon

Best answer by mpray 30 June 2021, 18:13

View original

13 replies

Badge +12

Once the client is successfully installed it will try and find the logged-in user in your tenant and pull down the nsbranding file. If that is successful it will enable on its own. If that isn't happening be sure your user is provisioned in the tenant appropriately.

That being said there are command line options to start and stop the client.

For Windows:
Restart the Netskope client through Task manager or Services
From cmd (as admin): stagentsvc -stop
From cmd (as admin): stagentsvc -start

For Mac:
Restart the Netskope client from a Mac terminal window
> sudo launchctl unload /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.netskope.stagentsvc.plist
> sudo launchctl load /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.netskope.stagentsvc.plist

Badge +4

I approve this message LOL this works!

Badge +7

sudo launchctl unload /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.netskope.stagentsvc.plist = "could not find specified service"

Badge +7

wasn't so lucky. How do you configure Netskope Client on Big Sur for peruserconfig mode - reliably? 

So far even Netskope doesn't appear to know...

Badge +7

<<Once the client is successfully installed it will try and find the logged-in user in your tenant and pull down the nsbranding file. If that is successful it will enable on its own. If that isn't happening be sure your user is provisioned in the tenant appropriately.>>

this sounds like email invite mode. But what about peruserconfig mode? Sending emails to hundreds of users is not what Mgmt wants to do if they can help it...

Badge +12

Hi Roger,

The solution offered here is in relation to how to stop and start the NS Client service assuming the client has already been installed. It sounds like you are looking for information on actually installing the client on MAC. Email invite is an option, but for larger deployments, it's normally best to use an application like JAMF to do that. Here's some information on deploying MAC with JAMF.

https://docs.netskope.com/en/deploy-netskope-client-with-jamf.html

Badge +7

yeah, we are aware of that link, wish we were on JAMF, unfortunately we are using VMWare / Airwatch/Workspace One. The online guided provided by VMWare is about 1/3 the amount of instructions provided for JAMF, so very the VMWare instructions seem very incomplete. We have spent many hours trying to figure out peruserconfig mode, juggling plist and system extension files, and all the while wondering why we have one Mac that works from using email invite mode, but will never work on peruserconfig. Definitely challenging to determine best course of action

Badge +12

Roger,

This might get more in-depth and since it's unrelated to the original post would you mind starting a new thread on help installing Netskope Client on MAC via Airwatch? That way we can get more eyes on it and when we have a solution others will be able to find it as well. 

Badge +7

this was done, new thread entitled "Big Sur 11.4 + Netskope + peruserconfigmode = certain installation issues"

Badge

my users have upgraded to Big Sur and monterey and for some reason now that terminal cmd does not work. receive "could not find specified Service." Any suggestions for this? did the Plist location change? 

Badge +4

For Big Sur and later you'll want to use:

sudo launchctl unload /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.netskope.client.auxsvc.plist

sudo launchctl load /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.netskope.client.auxsvc.plist

Badge +1

Hello I tried this nothing happens. is there another action to perform after starting the load ?

Thank you

Badge +4

For Linux (Ubuntu/Debian):

> sudo systemctl restart stagentd