cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
finservuser
New Contributor II

My firm is just starting to investigate using the Device Classification rules for SWG. We are also evaluating NPA where these will be extremely useful.

Has anyone come across a better way to alert on a failure reason? If we create a device classification rule looking for disk encryption, our endpoint security tool and a local file.....and one of those checks fails....the end user has no way to know why it failed and my team can only look in the nsdebug log locally to see the entry similar to below.

2021/08/24 11:53:12.583723 stAuxSvc p359 t152b 4 deviceId.cpp:357 deviceId process check: status 0, name [insert missing process name]

Anyone have ideas on what else could be done to proactively monitor for failures and more importantly the reasons?

4 Comments
cshernaman
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @finservuser, great question. Thanks for you patience in our response here, we are looking into this and gathering resources for you. We will follow up with you after the holiday break!

sfoster
Netskope
Netskope

Hi @finservuser,

Currently, there's no automated way to report the failure to establish device classification. I will raise this request with the product development team. Thank you for raising this as a requirement.

cshernaman
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @finservuser

As there is not a current way to report failure to establish device classification, we have created an ideas space in the Community to request new features.

Your idea is the first to be added to our new Community Ideas board. This will be a space for our members to post their ideas/suggestions to help better Netskope products for a chance to be highlighted in an up coming release!

The more kudos an idea gets, the more visibility it will provide to our Product Development team, so spread the word! 👍

Status changed to: Investigating
cshernaman
Community Manager
Community Manager