[Getting Started] Best Practice Policies - Inline

• 13 July 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +12

The intention of this document is to level set on the base set of policies, policy grouping, and policy evaluation behavior that is generally applicable to all inline(CASB/NS-SWG) customers.

We are also working on runbooks to accompany each of the policy groups highlighted in the presentation, which will be posted in the near future.

Webinar Recording Link

7 replies

Badge +13

This is an incredibly valuable document. It would be fantastic if the tenant could be autoconfigured as a baseline. Short of implementing a feature, is that what a runbook would do (i.e. import a policy config)?

Userlevel 3
Badge +12

At this point, we don't have the Rest API end-point to automate this so this is the intention of the runbooks.

Badge +9

Justin, this is by far the best approach I have ever seen to ensure interoperability between real time policy types.  We have adopted this approach with our clients at Optiv and it has been a huge success. Thank you so much for taking the time to put this together and communicating it out there to the Netskope community. 

Badge +8

Any chance there is a supporting video recording?  This guide is great and was curious if there was any additional commentary while going through slides (mostly for education)

Userlevel 3
Badge +12

Hi @ddrake , this session is best done in person with your TSM/TAM please reach out to your assigned TSM pool and they can assist with this session.

Badge +6

Justin, this doc is great. I'm wondering if you can elaborate on the sanctioned instance tagging. In your doc you state "you have to tag the instance before you can set an
instance id policy. instance_id !~ 'NULL'" which is how Ive been identifying my sanctioned apps in the data but how do you tag using that query so it can be used in a real-time policy?

Userlevel 3
Badge +12

Hello @ajentsch,

Thanks for the question 🙂 It seems that the query needs to be modified post-R90 MP, you can leverage this skopeit query, [instance_id != '' ], under application events to pull up all of the events with an instance id. Then you can review the list to tag the instances that don't have an existing Instance Name associated with the detected instance_id.

Please let me know if this helps.