Enabling Netskope before login

• 5 November 2021
  • 30 replies

Badge +3

Good afternoon all,

So I've made some great progress on getting netskope to run so I can access all my network resources etc when it's up and running. However I've run into an issue when it comes to doing a remote Hybrid AD join.

The application is packaged up and working

I can access my domain controllers when not on a VPN through netskope private access.

What I can't do at the moment is domain join machines remotely, is there a way that I can for want of a better word, bodge the install or configure it in such a way so I can open network access and then authenticate against my on-prem domain controllers? I read somewhere that you can use NSBranding.JSON or something to enable the configuration but I can't find any official documentation.

Thanks

RGE_Master

30 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +9

@AidanH NPA Prelogon is GA starting with Netskope Client 97.1 release.. Documentation is available here - https://docs.netskope.com/en/netskope-client-configuration.html#UUID-1e7e72e4-74ef-f041-8dec-ee64a30500ab_section-idm4622793005625632607891040957

Badge +12

Hi There, We are interested in PreLogin for peruser mode. Any updates whether its in the roadmap? 

Userlevel 1
Badge +9

@Siva prelogin with peruser mode is available starting R97.1 NS Client release.

Badge +12

Great 97.1 supports Prelogon on perusermode, 

Couple of questions @KunalShah 

1. Do we need to specify prelogonuser= argument during msi install with 97.1x?
  2. Since Client Configs does not allow  the use of same prelogin account in different Configs , what is expected behavior when different users associated to different client configs login to the perusermode configured machine? Would the prelogon account change to the one defined in client config pulled down by last logged in user?
Badge +12

@KunalShah is prelogonuser argument required during install or just specifying it in client configuration enough?