Exempt URL from going through the Netskope client

• 11 January 2024
  • 8 replies

Good morning, We have a URL that, due to its function, should not leave any record of being navigated by users.

All users have the Netskope client installed and we have performed bypass steering so that the traffic is not inspected.

Is there any way to exempt URL from going through the Netskope client and therefore not leave any record in the Netskope console?

Thank you very much

8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

You can add urls you want to except in Domains Exception: https://docs.netskope.com/en/netskope-help/traffic-steering/steering-configuration/adding-exceptions/#domains-1

Thank you very much for your help.

We had already configured the exception as you indicate, however, even though the traffic is bypassed, in page events it still appears that the user has navigated to the url.

We are required that traffic must be bypassed and no events must be recorded.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Is it possible for you to share your steering configuration?

I'm afraid, it's not possible to share by Security Policy.

Yes, we have to protect people and data if they use a single url. This is regulatory in my country.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

What are your Bypassed Traffic log settings set to?

Thank you very much for your help.

Yes, we have seen this option, but we want to avoid logging just one exception.

Probably, we are looking for something that Netskope is not capable of at this moment

Anyway, thanks for your suggestion. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hello @Ruben_WZ,

Can you provide the bypass reason listed in page events?  I don't need the entire event or domain but this would be helpful:

Additionally, are you using dynamic steering in your client configurations? 

Attached page events.

No, we are not using dynamic steering.

Thanks in advance for your help