Stop Client from Auto-updating from SAAS Portal

• 19 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Does anyone know if after install, the client can be changed to not update from the Portal?
During install the switch autoupdate=on was used and now we would like to revert to "off". Is there a way to do it other than reinstall the agent?

I know how to limit from the Portal itself but for my needs I want to know if there is a way to revert the autoupdate=on feature after installed.

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +15

Hello, @freestlz!

You cannot manipulate the command line parameters used to deploy the client after you have installed the client. It is always recommended to perform the installation with auto update being enabled as you have done. If you need to control the auto update of the clients, set your client configuration to meet these goals.

Additionally, if you install the client with auto update off and need to change the client behavior later in the portal, you will not be able to without uninstalling and reinstalling. No client configuration will override autoupdate=off at install. This is why we suggest the former as the default method.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

To expand on what @ryans said, I'll point you to this part of the documentation.
https://docs.netskope.com/en/netskope-help/netskope-client/netskope-client-configuration/#client-installation-troubleshooting