Website block ALLOW via bypass password

• 15 December 2023
  • 1 reply

Is there a way to allow employees to access a blocked website if they enter a password ??

For context:

I have staff who work with vendors and when they go to specific websites they get blocked based on our policy.  Is there a way to allow blocked websites to be accessed provided employee enters a bypass password ? Is there a way to change that password daily.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hello @casaestrada

I'm not aware of a way to enforce password based bypasses of sites.  The closest thing I can think of is allowing the employee to enter a justification of why they need access to these sites via a User Alert.  This wouldn't be an actual password but would require the employee to enter a text justification and confirm they want to continue.  You could leverage Cloud Ticket Orchestrator to forward this to a third party system like Teams, Slack, or ServiceNow which could be used in an approval workflow but this would require some automation or integration work on the third party system.  

What is the nature of these sites that they would be used for business purposes but get blocked by your policies?  Are these sites known in advance or are they fairly random one offs?