Log objects downloads for non applications

• 22 January 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi,

At the moment, downloads of files (for instance .exe files) are not logged in the "Page Events" unless the file was downloaded from an application recognized in Netskope.

The problem with this is that malware can be hosted in any websites or web servers (using IP only for instance) that are not categorized as applications. This creates a gap in visibility when the user downloads something malicious from a source like that, making investigations much harder.

So, my suggestion would be to log download events for non-application events as well. 

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +17

Hi @Adonist ,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback. It's important to note that the Netskope Community includes a platform specifically for sharing community insights. Your input on our products is incredibly important to us, and I encourage you to convey this feedback directly to our product teams through your designated Customer Success Manager (CSM).

Rest assured, I will also pass along your feedback and comments to our internal teams to ensure they are informed of your perspectives.