Client version in Advanced Analytics?

• 18 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Just want someone else to confirm my observation:  While what POP a client software is connecting to is available, what version of the client being used is not.   I was trying to replicate the DEM dashboard, right now I have to download devices into a spreadsheet and then chart it.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

I'd love to have visibility into the DEM data in AA, for users that have both licenses.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

@wilson,

As @qyost  mentioned, this is available in DEM dashboards today but I'm not aware of a way to get this info from Advanced Analytics today for customization and scheduling.  There is an enhancement request to ingest device data into Advanced Analytics which would include client version as well.  Please reach out to your local Netskope account team if you're interested in this so they can track it for you.  

In the interim, keep in mind device data is available via REST APIv1 as well so you could potentially automate pulling the device info and writing it to your CSV in the interim but this may be unnecessary depending on the timeline for the Device Info in AA.  

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

@sshiflett wrote:

There is an enhancement request to ingest device data into Advanced Analytics which would include client version as well.

"Exposed" is more appropriate than ingest.    The existing DEM dashboards are just a restricted set of AA dashbaords into data that is not visible through the normal consumer AA reporting.  Even just being able to modify the existing dashboards with some filters would be an appreciated enhancement to the current DEM dashboards.

In the interim, keep in mind device data is available via REST APIv1 as well so you could potentially automate pulling the device info and writing it to your CSV in the interim but this may be unnecessary depending on the timeline for the Device Info in AA.  

Ah..   One of the things that has not yet migrated to APIv2.   How's that migration coming along?