MacOs Classification - Managed Device

• 18 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi Netskope Community,

I'm interested in obtaining further details about the processes required to differentiate between managed and unmanaged devices based on Netskope processes. My specific use case is that a device is considered "managed" when the Netskope processes specific to MacOS devices are detected. However, to proceed with the implementation, we must know the following details:

1. List of specific processes to be included.

2. The exact format in which process names for MacOS devices should appear (example: processname.format). 

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hello @gianvikl12,

The intent of device classification is to look for organization specific device characteristics to determine if these devices meet your posture.  Typically, this means looking for other processes like your EDR or AV software or things like device encryption.  I'm not sure if it is supported to look for the Netskope specific processes.  Additionally, looking for the Netskope process running is somewhat redundant as traffic being sent to Netskope indicates the process is running.  I'd suggest looking for other software that is unique to your organization like EDR instead of AV.  The process name can be found in Activity Monitor. 

Badge

Hi @sshiflett ,

I've solved with this process and file. Photos