Installation on cell phones of Netskope client ( IOS and Android )

• 19 April 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +11

Installation on cell phones of Netskope client ( IOS and Android )

Hello community, good afternoon:

A question, can you support me with the following points please, thank you for your time.

Android --For the installation of the Netskope client, on Android phones is completely transparent ? that is to say you install the application, you accept that the VPN profile is generated and everything is transparent for the blocking of websites on the cell phone is executed ? or you must manually install a certificate ? if you have to install it from where you download ? or should be completely transparent to complete the installation process and is ready for use, once connected ?

IOS--For the installation of the Netskope client, in IOS cell phones it is totally transparent ? that is to say you install the application, you accept that the VPN profile is generated and everything is transparent so that the blocking of cell phone websites is executed ? or you must manually install a certificate ? if you have to install it from where you download it ? or it must be totally transparent when you complete the installation process and it is ready for use, once you connect ?

Thank you for your time, your collaboration and your comments.

Best regards

2 replies

Badge +11

@rclavero @mzhang

@sshiflett @amurugesan @mkoyfman 

Hello everyone, good afternoon, excuse me for referencing you but please can you support me with the post please.

I remain attentive to your kind comments

Thank you very much

Best regards

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

@MetgatzNK I apologize for the late response here. In general installation for both iOS and Android can be done fully transparently. MDM can push all required objects in addition to Netskope client such as certificates, VPN profiles, restrictions settings etc. Already published guide for iOS and Workspace one is referencing this capability. We are working on refining other MDM guides to get those settings called out as well.

There is a known issue with iOS and Intune. Apparently Intune can't leverage dynamic user variable such as {{mail}} as a part of VPN profile custom settings which prevent us from doing silent enrollment. We are hoping Microsoft will get this issue addressed some time soon.