Extremely Slow File Storage Access Speeds?

• 26 April 2022
  • 9 replies

Badge +4

Is anyone else having issues with accessing private storage through NPA (private access) becoming extremely slow? We are mostly a windows shop and a large portion of our end users are having an issue where when they move any file from one of our Netapp on prem storages or even a Windows based file server the speeds are insanely slow when users are using ZTNA. It seems like this mainly affects transfers of lots of small files vs large single files. With the client uninstalled and the user back on our traditional VPN we get about what we would expect (a few megabits a second depending on the end users internet speed). Enabling the client puts us down to ancient baud modem level speeds - sometimes as low as 300 bits a second!

9 replies

Badge +8

Thank you for reaching out, @chrisisinclair! Our community team is looking into this for you and will get back to you shortly! If anyone else has any ideas that you feel may help, please share them here. 

Badge +4

Turns out the publishers in our DMZ are not connecting to the correct datacenter - with EDNS enabled they will connect to NYC or North Virginia and route all traffic all the way there from our Burbank, CA COLO. We worked with support and have temporarily mitigated this by disabling EDNS on all publisher servers and then manually pointed each server to the San Jose datacenter by editing the host file. 

We also recently did further testing by deploying a brand new v95 Ubuntu publisher in Burbank and it had the same behaviour. We then deployed a brand new v95 Ubuntu publisher in our Phoenix datacenter and it too also connected to NYC.

Badge +3

Hi. Any new updates regarding this concern. We are also experiencing extreme slow down when via file share so users ends up going back to traditional VPNs.

Userlevel 1
Badge +9

@noelnoguera has anyone from Support looked into this?

Badge +5

Access thru the Private access is slower than our traditional VPN.  We installed enough Publisher in our data center but I can't get more than 2mb/sec.. Most of the time it is about 1-2 MB/sec.  Is there a way to increase the speed or is this by design?    

Userlevel 1
Badge +9

@thoang3 has anyone from Support looked into this? NPA Publishers can support up to 500 Mbps, so the observed rate looks really low. If not done yet, I recommend opening a Support case, so we can have someone review the performance issues.

Badge +1

I know I may be late, but I am still having this issue with our recent deployment of Netskope. Has anyone found a solution to this? Our traditional VPN works as expected, over PA, we are experiencing the same issues as @noelnoguera. Any insight would be great. 

Badge +4

We’ve just enabled NPA for a large user group and almost immediately started seeing tickets on users reporting similarly poor SMB/DFS performance of down to 2MB/s, so it would seem this is still an issue.

In our case, waiting for Local Broker seems the only option for on-premises users, but this performance will also be unacceptable for our off-premises users.

Badge +4

@KunalShah we’ve just opened support case(s) on this.