Support for VOIP protocol with Netskope

Badge +10

Dear Netskope Community team,

Is there anything in the roadmap to support voip protocol with Netskope or anyway to work with apps such as Discord and get to work the audio/video from it ? Anyone tested the audio/video of Discord and get it to work properly with Netskope ?

Thanks

5 replies

Badge +8

Thank you for reaching out, @eratauil. A Netskope expert from our community team will get back to you as soon as possible. In the meantime, if any community member can help answer eratauil's question, please reply to this thread!

Badge +10

@kh_jenn no one unfortunately got in contact with me or replied to the post with an answer. Can you help me expedite this ?

Badge +11

ZTNA or NPA works on a client to server basis. Server to client apps will not work. VOIP is not supported.

Badge +10

Hi @jason thanks for your reply. I appreciate it. Isn´t there a way somehow to be able to work with Discord under Netskope perhaps using Netskope Activity recorder and create a personalized app under NPA and also being able to use the audio/video capabilities ?

Thanks

Badge +11

Netskope Activities refers to CASB and SWG functionality (HTTP/HTTPS), not NPA. In general, it is not a good idea to steer audio/video traffic (UDP) through Netskope, as we don't do anything with it. This is why it's in the default steering exceptions. If you want to allow/block, then Cloud Firewall is the better solution. A/V should not be in CASB/SWG/NPA.