Ask the community

Getting issue while blocking WHatsApp

akashsaxena
Partner
Partner

I am facing issues while attempting to block WhatsApp. I have created a cloud app policy to block WhatsApp, and it is successfully blocking the WhatsApp web. However, on  WhatsApp application uploading is getting blocked, but I am still able to send text messages.

Is there a way to block text messages as well? I haven't found any corresponding events in the Netskope logs for sending messages.

2 Replies 2
thiagofc
Partner
Partner

You need first to create a New Certificate Pinned Application in Security Cloud Platform > Traffic Steering > App Definition using WhatsApp.exe, after moving to Security Cloud Platform > Traffic Steering > Steering Configuration and associate a new steering rule based on Certificate Pinned Applications and select Block there.

If you cannot find the path, let me know cause I print the screen you must follow.

Thanks! It worked. Actually, WhatsApp uses another port (5222) as well. Once I steered that to Netskope, messages were getting blocked.

Subscribe
Top Liked Authors

In order to view this content, you will need to sign in to your account. Simply click the "Sign In" button below

Sign In