Solved

Internal and External server same name

• 25 April 2023
  • 8 replies

Badge +5

New user to Netskope so apologies if this has been answered.

I have an internal application with an Admin page that can be access via port 8383.

This application has a public address for client apps to communicate with when they are not in the building.  The Admin page is not available when you are using the External address.

Example:

Internal  App.Test.com  IP 192.1.1.1

External App.Test.com. IP 35.1.1.1

We configured this as a Private App, however the admin page does not work and from what I can tell from the logs Netskope is using the External address.  If I use the IP address instead of the FQDN internally it works.   Any thoughts?

icon

Best answer by qyost 25 April 2023, 20:44

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

When defining your private app, there is an option to "Use Publisher DNS".   That should move the resolution to the internal DNS servers for you.

Badge +5

Dang that was an easy fix..  Thank you

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Welcome to the community. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

But this should works without using the internal dns option. Netskope should be intercepting that fqdn. What we found is that blocking dns over https is usually the cause for this. We’ve deployed a simple utility policy in Netskope to do this and all our NPA fqdn intercepting works now. 

Badge +5

I have a follow up question.  On a different app we are seeing where the private app only works when we disable dns over https in the browser.   How would I do that in Netskope?

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

You can accomplish this with a simple Real-time Protection Policy. “DNS over HTTPS” is an application in the list. Just create a policy to block it with no notification. In fact, I’m under the impression this is standard policy deployment for new customers by their SE’s now. 

Badge +5

That worked like a charm

Userlevel 4
Badge +17
Please mark the comments as a accepted solution for your question