Question

Is there a way to get a user alert on sites like chatgpt without being in a dlp policy or threat protection prigile?

• 15 May 2024
  • 5 replies

Hello,

I was asked if Netskope could provide a user alert when visiting a site, for example, chatgpt that they acknowledge the risk and then either click proceed or stop. We do not have the SWG and I think it might be needed to accomplish this? If we dont have SWG is there a way to get this accomplished? 

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

@jbookhammer, what license/functionality do you leverage?  You say you don’t have SWG, are you using inline CASB (SaaS Security)? 

@jbookhammer, what license/functionality do you leverage?  You say you don’t have SWG, are you using inline CASB (SaaS Security)? 

Yes we are.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

We do this for our employees. Currently, we are coaching our users with a popup to leverage an internal chatgpt implementation that is approved for company use. At some point in the near future we will flip this over to an auto-redirect followed by block and redirect. We give them the choice right now but they will get this popup every hour if using chatGPT. Here is what the popup looks like.

That basically exactly what we were looking to do but I don’t see access control in the dropdown when making the policies and need a dlp profile or threat protection profile.

Badge +2

You could use activity control so they have to make a decision upon post whether they want to continue to ChatGPT or not. You can also force them to enter a justification for why they are using ChatGPT instead of whatever you have decided to use internally from an AI perspective. There are a number of options you have around controlling ChatGPT but more often than not, we find customers are more concerned with the data being synced to a LLM. I’d be happy to help you if you need it.