We have been unable to deploy Endpoint DLP

• 11 August 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

We have been unable to deploy Endpoint DLP. Having the same issues with different versions and the newest 1408. A good number of Managed devices on reboot disable the usb devices like mouse, keyboard, and printers. Has anyone been able to successfully deploy Endpoint DLP protection?

I currently don't have any device control policies but do have quite a few Content Control policies.
Any help would be appreciated.

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Successfully deployed several Endpoint DLP customers, please use the latest Netskope Client as it has numerous bug fixes included for Endpoint DLP. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Please make sure Endpoint DLP is enabled for you account. You'd also need to enable the Endpoint DLP feature on the concerned Client Configuration in UI, more details of which can be found at - https://docs.netskope.com/netskope-client-configuration/

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi - I would like to hear from actual customers and not Partners or employees. To date, all versions provided has somehow caused issues with our endpoints. Currently, the latest client has disabled usb, keyboards, and printers in small NUC like PCs. Support provided a temporary fix so this is not something on our side. I am wondering if any "customer" has been able to successfully deploy this solution.

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

I would like to hear from actual customers and not Partners or employees. To date, all versions provided has somehow caused issues with our endpoints. Currently, the latest client has disabled usb, keyboards, and printers in small NUC like PCs. Support provided a temporary fix so this is not something on our side. I am wondering if any "customer" has been able to successfully deploy this solution.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

I'm part of the customer zero team, here at Netskope, where we implement Netskope products internally to secure Netskope data and resources. I agree that we have seen some issues with USB devices in conjunction with Endpoint DLP in client version 105. 

However, many of those known issues have been resolved by the team, and we haven't been getting any reports from users who are on version 107 these days. 

I'd be happy to relay your feedback to the Endpoint DLP engineering team as well. 

Badge +2

Hey there @freestlz. We have attempted a deployment of epdlp to our fleet, and we have also had numerous issues with USB devices. I will say that once we got to version 106.1 we have seen less of the USB specific issues (like mice, keyboards etc.) We still continue to work with support on various other issues we have encountered with Encrypted Removable drives as well as VDIs going into bootloops.. (use case Users with workstations also using vdis... EPDLP device config follows user...). 
I will say that support has been working with us each time we open a case with new issues/or needing assistance. Hopefully this helps somewhat my friend.