Skip to main content
Question

installation by certificate.

• 29 May 2024
  • 2 replies

Greetings, I want to manage a computer without installing the Netskope client, I understand that I can install a Netskope CA certificate but I don't know if this allows me to create a policy in real time and apply it to this machine?

download from the tenant Certificates option the one that says NETSKOPE ROOT CERTIFICATE and install on the machine then create a policy in real time but it does not apply, I do not see the equipment as managed within the tenant, but perhaps that is not the procedure.

Could someone help me with the step by step to manage and apply real time policies through the certificate.

2 replies

Userlevel 1

@xavy2310 

The Netskope client is installed to direct traffic to our cloud proxy where real-time policies are enforced.

Without the Netskope client, how is your computer forwarding traffic to the Netskope proxy?

Other methods to direct traffic include Explicit Proxy, IPsec, GRE, etc, are you using any of these method?

Userlevel 2
Badge +12

Hi @xavy2310 

As @Fazil mentioned, the key is to understand how the traffic from that device is being forwarded to the Netskope proxy (steering).

This article gives the broad architecture options for the steering.  

https://www.netskope.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/10/steering-traffic-through-netskope-security-service-edge.pdf

Once you can see the traffic (via SkopeIt) on the tenant, there are multiple options on how real-time policies can be applied.