Solved

How to get a diagnostic of a publisher by CLI

• 28 August 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +3

A customer has several publishers deployed in the AWS cloud, he wants to see the resource consumption generated by the publishers but does not want to see them through the DEM>NPA on the tenant but wants to see them through the command line.

How can I see this diagnostic?

icon

Best answer by matt-frank 28 August 2023, 20:12

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +14

The standard top command works on the publishers.  You just need to select option 6 to get to the CLI and run sudo top.  

Are they wanting something more detailed 

Badge +3

Thank you very much for your response. 🙂

The customer was provided with several commands to see the current resource consumption, however, he does not want to see the current resource consumption but over time, for example, the last 30 days.

I don't know if there is any log with that particular data.

Userlevel 3
Badge +14

They would need to look into monitoring the device via a traditional monitoring method like SNMP.   https://docs.netskope.com/en/netskope-help/data-security/netskope-private-access/publisher-management/manage-a-publisher/#publisher-monitoring

Badge +3

Thank you very much for your reply. I will validate the information.

Badge +3

Hello good morning,

I was reviewing the documentation and in the section that says: "Enable SNMP in a Publisher" there is a part where the following command is mentioned: "sudo net-snmp-config --create-snmpv3-user -A <AuthPassword> -X <CryptoPassword> -a <MD5|SHA> -x <AES|DES> <user>", my question is, are those fields optional? The password must be different from the editor access password or is it the same, same with the user, is it an existing user or do I have to create a new one and how do I create it?