Netskope Private Access now consumes NewEdge Traffic Management 2.0(GSLB) for optimizing the DC selection for Client as well as for Publishers. Customers can take following advantages with this feature,
- DC selection is no longer DNS
- There is no dependency on Google DNS or LDNS for POP selection (the last hop recursive DNS resolver).
- APIs are hosted within existing allow listed NewEdge IP range, no additional network changes needed.
- Improved granularity for geolocation of public IP egresses. DNS-based methods (EDNS/ECS0/Google DNS) can only utilize a /24 of the public IP. The GSLB service can better geolocate as it has the entire IP address /32 instead of a /24 advantage for gateway selection.
- DC selections according to geographic distance, with in-country preference. For example, if an endpoint in the south of France is very close to Barcelona, the Netskope Client will prefer a DC in France, even if it is physically farther away than the NewEdge Barcelona DC.
- NewEdge Traffic Management intent-based Zones are now available for Private Access
Gateway Selection feature for Private Access is GA starting from release 111. Here are the documentation updates,
- https://docs.netskope.com/en/netskope-help/netskope-client/netskope-client-network-configuration/#newedge-traffic-managem[…]%80%93-gateway-selection - refer to the Note in the document for NPA specific details.
This feature will be enabled by default on new tenants. We encourage you to take advantage of this feature, work with your account team to get more assistance.