Tag your applications and instances

• 2 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

The goal of this dashboard is to help you operationalize the Netskope solution. The first step is to tag your corporate-IT Managed applications and to name your instances.

This dashboard will:

• Tell you which applications and instances have already been tagged or named.

• Show the top unmanaged applications in your environment and suggest these for tagging

• Show the application instances that appear to be corporate instances and suggest these for tagging

• Highlight possible gaps in your environment by showing high usage Unmanaged applications and instances

Why is this important?

Tagging applications and naming application instances allows you to build policies that target applications based on their managed/unmanaged and app name status. For example, you can disallow uploads to unmanged applications or block access to non corporate instances of applications like Google Drive.

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +17

Thanks for sharing with @ematchey 🙂. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

@ematchey 
There a few custom fields that are used in multiple widgets across this dashboard.  Unfortunately, it's the field that defines "your" instances.  Is there a way this report (or ones similar to it) could be restructured so that you only need to edit that custom field definition once? 

It's a game of hide-and-seek to go through every widget and then look at every custom field to determine if they need edited or not.  Some of the widgets did have a note advising that an edit would be necessary, but not every one was that easily identifiable.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

HI Quinn, 

Thank you for your feedback! You should not have to update any of the custom dimensions in the later widgets, I actually removed those and recreated the dashboard export and replaced the file in the original post. You are correct, you still have to use the dashboard level filter: Take out the netskope value, and replace with your organization's instance names (please keep in mind the strings are case-sensitive)

For some dashboards, it is not possible to avoid the use of custom dimensions but we are continually thinking of making this as easy a process as possible. I have passed on your feedback to our product management. 

Thank you for being a great customer and helping us be better!

Elena

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Ah, excellent update.   I had downloaded the bundle shortly after the original post and hadn't realized that there were updates to it prior to starting to tune it yesterday for my environment.