Question

Cloud Exchange Logshipper Syslog integration with Darktrace?

• 20 February 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +4

Has anyone had any luck with Syslog integration from Cloud Exchange into Darktrace?

Darktrace describes the expected format like this:

Darktrace expects the Netskope Web Gateway data to include the string "darktrace_netskope" followed by a JSON formatted representation of the Netskope logging. The order of fields within the JSON is not important. For example: darktrace_netskope {"src_time": "Fri Jan 1 00:10:00 2021","userkey": "user.name@company.com","dst_region": "Region","category": "Business","src_longitude": 52.2,"transaction_id": 0,"ur_normalized": "user.name@company.com","src_latitude": 0.12,"dst_longitude": 52.2,"domain": "www.example.org","dst_zipcode": "555555","access_method": "Client","src_timezone": "Global/UTC","ccl": "unknown","bypass_reason": "SSL policy matched","user_generated": "yes","dst_country": "ZZ","srcip": "198.51.100.1","site": "example","traffic_type": "Web","src_region": "Region","user": "user.name@example.org","appcategory": "Business","page_id": 0,"insertion_epoch_timestamp": 1604614281,"bypass_traffic": "yes","dst_location": "Region","count": 1,"src_location": "Location","url": "www.example.org","src_country": "ZZ","internal_id": "21c3e4368567eae234d211de","dst_latitude": 0.12,"dst_timezone": "Global/UTC","policy": "Bypass","type": "page","ssl_decrypt_policy": "yes","src_zipcode": "555555","dstip": "198.51.100.2","timestamp": 1604614213,"page": "www.example.or","dstport": 443,"userip": "192.168.1.1","organization_unit": ""}

I have managed to use the Syslog plugin in Cloud Exchange to send the raw JSON files, by disabling the CEF mapping, but by doing that I loose the Log Source Identifier “darktrace_netskope” which I have configured, and Darktrace doesn’t pickup the logs.

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +15

Oh no. Let me see what I can do to fix that. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +15

I created a ticket to get this fix. BCE-1108 for tracking. I hope for it to be a quick fix. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +15

This has been released into beta. Use the 3.2.0 Syslog beta plugin. Here is how to add the beta repo to your cloud exchange - https://docs.netskope.com/en/netskope-help/integrations-439794/netskope-cloud-exchange/get-started-with-cloud-exchange/using-beta-plugins/

Badge +4

@Gary-Jenkins I’ve tested the new plugin, and the log source identifier is forwarded as part of the JSON output now, and I have also been able to build a telemetry filter in Darktrace, that is capable of filtering on that, and thus pickup data fields from the JSON output.