Question

DLP documentation out of date for Entities

• 19 April 2024
  • 1 reply

I need to modify the default DLP profile for profanity as we have a user with a last name that matches the profanity profile. I raised a helpdesk ticket to follow the steps mentioned in https://docs.netskope.com/en/netskope-help/data-security/data-loss-prevention/dlp-entity/ to copy the Entity. However, I noticed that in the later releases of Netskope, the Entity tab was renamed to "Dictionary" and is different from the old Entity. Can anyone guide me on how to copy and modify the default profanity profile?

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hello @TKO3Sons

If you do not have the Entities tab then it’s likely that your tenant is using the older DLP rules and interface.  Please contact your local team about getting DLP entity modifiers and the newer interface enabled. 

Once enabled, you can override the default entity behavior by creating a new entity that references the default one and excludes the employees last name.  Under Policy > DLP > Edit Rules > DLP.  Select Entities and create a new entity.   You can then create an entity that uses the modifiers to ensure it doesn’t match the last name similar to the one below: