Skip to main content

In our environment, Google drive is blocked as cloud app.

We have allowed Google Gemini app. When user use Gemini AI and try to export to doc, it gets blocked. When I unblock Google drive, Gemini also works fine.

Is there anyway we can keep blocking Google drive and allow Google Gemini with export option?

From the har troubleshooting, I can see “http://client6.google.com” url is getting blocked but if I allow it, Drive also works.

Please guide how can I resolve this. Thanks.

Hello @neerajvohra,

What activity to Drive is blocked?  Additionally, in the HAR capture does the call to client6.google.com have a referrer value?  This can likely be solved via a referrer policy that allows Google Drive from Gemini but no other sites.  

Please do not post the HAR capture as it can contain sensitive info.  I

Hi Sam,

Thank you for the reply.

All upload activities are blocked on Google drive. Yes, the har value call “ client6.google.com “ and when I bypass this url, Gemini works with post activity and export. However, the Google drive is also allowed to upload even when the upload block policy is in place which defeats the purpose.

I will not post har capture here. Should I share nsdebug logs while doing this activity, if that can help? Please let me know.

Thanks,

Neeraj

We resolve it.  Here are the steps for future reference :

• When we click on export to sheets in Gemini, it creates a post request and uploads the data of the sheet to the drive to open it in a sheet and hence, the policy mentioned in the second point was blocking it.
  • To let this upload work and block the uploads to Gdrive, we created a HTTP header profile, we choose the host as clients6.google.com and kept the referrer as 'gemini.google.com'. We created a new RTP and called this HTTP header profile there.
  • This policy will make sure that if the uploads to Gdrive happens through Gemini, it should be allowed and blocked from any other source.

Issue resolved.