Question

How to block Microsoft copilot by going through bimng.com

• 16 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Please share any solution to block copilot by going to bing.com and clicking copilot. Adding copilot.microsoft.com/ to custom block list does not work, Blocking AI category does not work. No application event or page event indicating any other specific URL that can be added to custom category.

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

I have the same problem, I wanted to just allow specific instance of chatGPT tied to our enterprise account, then we put an all encompassing “Generative AI” category policy behind it to block the rest.  The policy does not work for microsoft copilot, even though copilot is under this category

Userlevel 1

@mazam @mdmeow12123 

If you guys are talking about the below option to get in to copilot, we do have an option to block this. 

Blocking copilot.microsoft.com wont help you since the URL used for this connection is still bing.com with a different path i.e. https://www.bing.com/chat?q=Microsoft+Copilot&FORM=hpcodx.

Create an inline policy to block www.bing.com/chat?q=Microsoft+Copilot&FORM=hpcodx.

I tried it and works!!

Userlevel 3
Badge +12

I am no longer seeing issues with this being blocked with the addition of the Microsoft Co-Pilot Application Connector;
With this feature, enterprises have granular policy control by creating Microsoft Co-pilot based policies. This helps to make sure an employee’s productivity is not impacted and at the same time limits AI capabilities to enterprise internal employees for better access control. In addition, you can use this feature with Generative AI category based policies as well as Microsoft Co-pilot based policies.

https://docs.netskope.com/en/netskope-help/netskope-release-notes/netskope-cloud-release-notes/netskope-release-notes-version-114-0-0/new-features-and-enhancements-in-release-114-0-0/#microsoft-co-pilot-free-new-generative-ai-connector-supported-1

For your continued success with our product, we're always here to help. If you need any additional guidance or have further questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us through our TSM Pool via support.netskope.com. Simply select the 'How-to' option and one of our dedicated Technical Success Manager will be happy to assist you.