Netskope Client installation process

Badge +5

Just want to know how the Netskope certificates get installed on the system automatically by any backend mechanism and how the system knows that the installed certificates in from Netskope.

This would be very helpful for me to know the backend mechanism.  

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hello @Jais100rbh,

The Netskope client automatically installs the Netskope tenant certificates into the system's certificate store, Firefox and Java.  This occurs as part of the initial installation and when configs are pulled down for the tenant.  I don't have the intricacies of the exact mechanism as they vary based on the OS.  For Windows we place the certificates in the system certificate store and Keychain on Mac.  Is there a specific challenge you're looking to address?  

As for the second half of the question, your system's certificate store doesn't "know" the certificate is from Netskope.  Instead by installing the certificate to the trusted certificate store(s) you're telling the system that these are trusted certificate issuers.  I hope this helps but if there's additional questions please don't hesitate to ask. 

Badge +5

Hello @sshiflett 

Thanks for your prompt response!!

Query got resolved, this would be very helpful for me.

Also, tell me how many devices we could enrolled with One ID in Netskope.