Skip to main content

Hi

I have RTP shortened url category with coaching.

When user access the shortened url, a coaching page is shown and user required to click ACCEPT to proceed to actual webpage.

By clicking ACCEPT, how can I corelated the actual url with shortened url?

You can use https://tinyurl.com/4trp238r for testing

Thank

Hi Munster,

Could you please try the steps below and let me know if they help? I'm also reaching out to other community members for their input.

To approach this, you can:

• Configure Netskope to log both the shortened URL and the resolved destination URL when users interact with a coaching page.
  • Implement custom logging or integrate with a SIEM solution to correlate these URLs for better tracking.
  • Leverage Netskope's advanced threat protection features to analyze the content of both the shortened and actual URLs.

Configuration Considerations:

• Ensure SSL inspection is correctly configured to inspect encrypted traffic and capture relevant details.
  • Verify that your policies are set up to log and manage interactions with URL shorteners effectively.

User Access Context:

• Correlate URL data with user identity information to track and maintain context around who accessed specific content.

In Netskope I don’t think this is possible unless a feature request is created and implemented for Netskope to log what true URL the shortened URL redirects to.

How I would do it as a POC:

1. Download event logs from the data export alerts API with a script
  2. For each event where a user accessed a shortened URL: using curl or selenium, access that short URL and record the full URL post-redirection.
  3. Using the data from the initial Netskope alert, send a SYSLOG message to a SIEM with information from the Netskope alert (user, netskope alert ID, short url etc...) and also include the redirection URL discovered with the custom script.