Skip to main content

Hi,

I have a question (or two) about netskope publisher auto update feature.

Does this auto-update feature only work i.e. kicks in when there’s a new version of netskope publisher? assuming I set it to latest update on weekly basis

Let’s say I’m on version 117.0 and there’s a new version 118.0. This will get updated to 118 during whatever time I configure the auto update.

If there’s no new version of netskope publisher, will it still update the underlying OS/system packages?

Thanks

Another question is the base AWS AMI for netskope publisher is on Ubuntu 20.04. Any plan to upgrade to ubuntu 22.04?

@vahid ,

We are working on the upgrade path to to 22.04 for the Publisher OS.   We have not finalized the design and upgrade process as of yet but I can certainly update this thread as we get more details.  If you’d like more info in the interim, please reach out to your local Netskope account team. 

As for the other question, I have asked our product team to verify if the base OS gets updated in cases where no Publisher update is available.

Thank you.

@vahid ,

We are working on the upgrade path to to 22.04 for the Publisher OS.   We have not finalized the design and upgrade process as of yet but I can certainly update this thread as we get more details.  If you’d like more info in the interim, please reach out to your local Netskope account team. 

As for the other question, I have asked our product team to verify if the base OS gets updated in cases where no Publisher update is available.

Thank you.

Thanks for the reply.

From what I’ve seen so far from testing with the auto-update, it didn’t update the base OS nor we receive any notifications. The only time we’d get a notification is when there’s a publisher version update.

@vahid , apologies for the delay on this one as I was out of the office.   I did confirm that if there is no Publisher container update available then the OS level upgrade is skipped.    The OS level upgrade will only proceed if there is also a Publisher level upgrade available.