Netskope Private Access- Client Update config time interval

• 16 May 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +11

Netskope Private Access- Client Update config time interval

Hello good evening, I hope you are all very well.

I have a question, I have been searching and I have not found anything regarding the autoupdate interval of the Netskope client configuration, when changes occur e.g. changes at NPA level, e.g. new Publisher, new Private apps, private access policies.

I have even been timing, because I understand that this is not 100% manual or yes ?. Could you tell me automatically when it takes the client to automatically perform the udpate of the config, when there are NPA adjustments. I have been timing the client, and in 35 minutes elapsed the client still does not update the NPA config by itself.

Thank you, I remain attentive

Best regards 

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Good morning @MetgatzNK,

The Netskope client checks for Private App definition updates every 15 minutes.  Keep in mind, certain changes will not require a client side update such as new Publishers as this mapping is kept at the gateway.   The client pulls down the app entitlements (referred in logs as SRP) for that user and/or device based on the Real-time Protection Policies assigned.  You can see this periodic update in the npadebuglog.log file. 

A log entry of "SRP live status is 1" indicates that the client successfully pulled a new SRP while an entry of "SRP live status is 0" indicates that the client could not fetch an updated SRP.

Badge +11

Hello @sshiflett , thanks for your comments and reply.

I made the changes and even timed it... and the update does it every hour related to NPA, where for example, I made a Private Apps configuration change ( modifying/adding port changes, adding IP, FQDN, etc ).

Is there any document detailing all the timers and client intervals, config updates, NPA, policy, steering, by Netskope official part, where it is detailed with precision ?

Thanks

I remain attentive

Best regards

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

@MetgatzNK how are you determining the update interval?  There are different client intervals for updates that may or may not reflect in the client.  NPA app definition updates do not reflect to the end user as they occur every 15 minutes.   I'm happy to take a look at your client logs if you want to direct message me as well.  

Badge +11

Hello @sshiflett , how are you ?, thank you for your comments, time and reply.

I timed it and then I saw the update config in the client.

That is I generated the change, private access apps, ports, IP, fqdn, I apply changes and start the timer.

Then 1 hour, it matches the auto update where the client says example:

19:02 last update config indicated the client, at 20:03 it already update. But I timed it directly, I took the full practical time to check for sure... Once I applied the final change I was testing, testing, testing, testing, testing again the access to those Apps, I was testing almost every 5 minutes. One hour was the exact moment where the client already reflected the change ( 19:02 last update config, at 20:03 already updated the config ) and it coincided exactly when I could already access the applications involved in the changes.

Thanks, I remain attentive to your comments

Best regards