CSPM - Query for AWS Instances

• 26 December 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

Dear community,

I am needing to query by API the instances configured for AWS cloud in CSPM. In the official documentation I find queries for creation, deletion or modification but no list of IaaS instances in API Protection.

Try to solve it with these links:

Regards

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +12

Are you wanting to use the API to output the same information that you see in the UI when you go to Settings>API-enabled protection>IaaS?  Basically which Cloud provider and what instances are connected to Netskope via the API.

Badge +2

Hi Myee, yes exactly that.

Userlevel 3
Badge +12

I tried using the get_instance_info option using the API but you have to put in the name of the instance so I think this will require an enhancement request.  I'm happy to submit for you, can you let me know what you'd do with the output if it was available and are there any specific fields other than the cloud provider and instance name that you need in the output?

Badge +2

Yes I tried it too but the instance name is mandatory. Thanks! these two parameters are really enough for me, I will compare this output with my aws console in order to analyze if there are more instances to be integrated.

Userlevel 3
Badge +12

Sorry for the delayed response, but I was able to learn that a newer version of the Public Cloud API's is being planned/developed and is expected to include this capability that you are looking for.  However, we don't have an ETA that we can share yet.  Feel free to send me a PM here and I can check for updates for you.

Badge +2

Thanks for the update, we are looking forward to the new API features.